[BCFSN] Looking for Presenters - Apr.24th UBC

Carla Hick carlamhick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 15:41:39 EDT 2023

Hello BCFSN,

A friend of mine who is a high school teacher in the Lower Mainland reached
out looking for a presenter on a food topic to present at their teachers’
conference on April.24th at UBC. See details below and contact them if you
are interested.

—-

On April 24th, 2023, the Vancouver School District is planning a
professional development day for its high school educators at UBC. The
theme for the day is *Finding Purpose in the Age of Climate Crisis.*

We are looking for professionals, like yourself, who are experts in this
area and have innovative approaches to discussing the topic. We would like
to invite you to facilitate one, two, or three workshops. Workshops are
between 75 and 90 minutes long and should include something that our
educators can bring back with them to the classroom.

We are hopeful that this will be the first of many professional development
days at UBC, and would like you to be a part of our inaugural year.

Below is the schedule for the day:

*8:15 - 9:00am - *Sign in/Refreshments

*9:00 – 10:15am – *Workshop 1

*10:30 – 12:00pm – *Workshop 2

*12:00 - 1:00pm* – Lunch

*1:00 - 2:30pm – *Workshop 3

*All sessions will be held on campus at The Nest. Snacks, beverages, and
lunch are provided.*

Please contact Ashley Adamson at aladamson at vsb.bc.ca if you are interested
in presenting a workshop at this event.

—-