[BCFSN] Please Help preserve our coastal communities and access to fish!

Abra Brynne abra at bcfsn.org
Wed Dec 6 09:55:16 EST 2017

Hello all,
The federal government is currently considering amending fisheries policy
to help ensure that local fishers and their communities have access to the
fish and all the economic, social, cultural and food security benefits that
come them.  The government needs to know that this is important to
Canadians.

This vital policy change could help to shift the dramatic decline in many
coastal communities, particularly here in British Columbia. Just like
farmers, fishers are aging and having increasing challenges maintaining
their profession and way of life.

*Please consider taking action today. *To learn more, visit
www.saveourbcfisheries.info and click on the links to communicate with the
government.

in good food,
Abra
PS. My apologies for cross-posting. This is vitally important!

Abra Brynne
Director, Engagement & Policy
BC Food Systems Network
abra at bcfsn.org
Ph: 250.352.5342 // mobile: 250.777.2480
Skype: abra.brynne
www.bcfsn.org

**I am in the office monday - wednesday and will respond as quickly as I am
able.

Please support our work <http://bcfsn.org/donate/>.

"Rather than concentrating on what sort of food is healthy for the
individual person, we must think about what kind of production system is
healthy for the globe. Acting in the context of this vision of a different
kind of food system, we will gain the freedom - and the power - to force
change for some measure of justice in this one." Cathleen Kneen, 1987