[BCFSN] Fwd: Launching SPEC Elders Circle June 23rd - RSVP

Abra Brynne abra at bcfsn.org
Thu Jun 9 11:42:41 EDT 2016

Hello all,
please see below for an Elders' initiative from SPEC and the wonderful
Carole Christopher, an elder herself. We have frequent conversations in the
Network about how to better engage and learn from our Elders.

So, for those of you in the Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to
join this neat initiative - the email and phone for more information is
below.

And for the rest of us further afield, this can be a great model for
working with elders in our respective communities.
in good food,
Abra

Abra Brynne
Director, Engagement & Policy
BC Food Systems Network
abra at bcfsn.org
Ph: 250.352.5342 // mobile: 250.777.2480
Skype: abra.brynne
www.bcfsn.org

Please support our work <http://bcfsn.org/donate/>.

"Rather than concentrating on what sort of food is healthy for the
individual person, we must think about what kind of production system is
healthy for the globe. Acting in the context of this vision of a different
kind of food system, we will gain the freedom - and the power - to force
change for some measure of justice in this one." Cathleen Kneen, 1987