[BCFSN] Webinar: From social isolation to community connection

Mara Brotman mara at cfccanada.ca
Wed Jun 8 12:03:58 EDT 2016

Setting more places at the table: from social isolation to community
connection

Upcoming webinar: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12 noon – 1 p.m. Eastern

REGISTER HERE
<http://thepod.cfccanada.ca/blog/upcoming-webinar-setting-more-places-table-social-isolation-community-connection>

On Tuesday, June 21 from 12:00 - 1:00 Eastern, join Community Food Centres
Canada for a free webinar. We will be welcoming Globe and Mail journalist
André Picard and Wellesley Institute's Laura Anderson to talk social
isolation. Our panelists will discuss the impacts of loneliness on
individuals and how to restore a sense of connectedness to communities —
from grassroots interventions, such as those community food security
organizations are building on the ground, to broader policy solutions.

Join us as we tackle these questions: What is social isolation? How do
loneliness, social exclusion, and disconnection from community affect
people at different stages in their lives? And what is being done to
connect people back to one another, through healthy food and shared spaces?
We’ll also welcome your thoughts and questions for the panelists.

When: Tuesday, June 21 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern

Where: Your computer

Cost: Free!

Learn more and register here
<http://thepod.cfccanada.ca/blog/upcoming-webinar-setting-more-places-table-social-isolation-community-connection>

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mara Brotman,
Knowledge Exchange Coordinator at mara at cfccanada.ca

As with all our webinars, this one will be posted to The Pod Knowledge
Exchange <http://www.thepod.cfccanada.ca/>  along with a host of
downloadable resources a week or so after the event. We’ll send out a
notification email once it’s up.

Hope you can join us!

*Mara Brotman*
Knowledge Exchange Coordinator
Community Food Centres Canada
80 Ward St., suite 100 | Toronto ON | M6H 4A6
416-531-8826 ext. 263 | www.cfccanada.ca
Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Food-Centres-Canada/331468530262542>
 | Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/aplaceforfood> | Instagram