[BCFSN] Wild Salmon Caravan - Call to Participate

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:55:26 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harry Burton <harryburton at shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Subject: THE APPLE FESTABUL: A beautiful spin off from the Salt Spring
Apple Festival.

One of the biggest rewards that I experience in life, is to see young folk
being influenced by all the work we do with apples on Salt Spring Island.

Last year, I received these photos from  Lisa, a Salt Spring Island mother
of 2 young kids.  She explained that  right after the 2014 Salt Spring
Apple Festival, her 2 young kids went home and set up their own APPLE
FESTABUL.  They had 6 apple trees available and set up a condensed Apple
Festival for their neighbours.  They mimicked the facets of our larger
Apple Festival.  What a beautiful bit of creativity.

Lisa's photos say it all

1)  Photo 1 -  Welcome to the Apple Festabul

2)  Photo 2 – Sample of Flavor Apple

3)  Photo 3 – Sample of Sour Apple

4)  Photo 4 – A Roving Face Painter

5)  Photo 5 – The Apple Tasting Table

Enjoy the document below.

The Salt Spring Island Apple Festival Website:
www.saltspringapplefestival.org

HB

APPLE  LUSCIOUS  ORGANIC ORCHARD

Growing over 200 connoisseur apple varieties
Certified Organic by IOPA (#902)
Harry  Burton
110 Heidi Place
Salt Spring Island, BC      V8K-1W5
250-653-2007

1)  Website:
www.appleluscious.com

2) Apple Luscious Video Channel:
youtube.com/user/AppleLusciousOrganic

Facebook Search: harry.burton.1428

Contact Person for CAPTAIN APPLE.

*The  17th Annual Salt Spring Island Apple Festival*

Theme:   Connect with your INNER APPLE.

Sunday, Oct 2, 2016

A chance to visit Apple Heaven while still on earth!

Growing over 450 apple varieties
ORGANICALLY.  We displayed 372 varieties at Apple Fest 2015.

1)  Apple Festival Website:

http://saltspringmarket.com/salt-spring-island-apple-festival/

2)  Apple Festival PAST HIGHLIGHTS  (NEW):

www.saltspringapplefestival.org

3)  Apple Festival Video Channel:

youtube.com/user/SSIAppleFestival/videos

4)  Getting to Salt Spring Island
http://saltspringmarket.com/about-salt-spring-island/getting-to-salt-spring-island/

--
Cheryl