[BCFSN] Fwd: Pictures of Fraser sockeye - yesterday

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:56:17 EDT 2015

Dear Listees,

Here is some updated info on the meeting next week. Open to the public - though I know it is a busy time for farmers!

There are still a few spots left for Presenters - it would be great to hear your perspective on what is needed to strengthen agriculture in BC.

Details are here<http://bcagcom.blogspot.ca/2015/06/chilliwack-here-we-come.html> and below.

Warm regards, Lana

Lana Popham
Member of the BC Legislative Assembly for Saanich South, Opposition Representative for Agriculture and Food
P: 250.479.4154 | | F: 250.479.4176  |  4085 Quadra, Victoria BC V8X 1K5
lana.popham.mla at leg.bc.ca<mailto:lana.popham.mla at leg.bc.ca>  | facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LanaPophamSaanichSouth>  |  saanichsouth.ca<http://www.saanichsouth.ca/>

Chilliwack, here we come!
[http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0253voNxK70/VXX8jFQosGI/AAAAAAAAIao/FH_aL-mck-4/s400/chilliwack.jpeg]<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0253voNxK70/VXX8jFQosGI/AAAAAAAAIao/FH_aL-mck-4/s1600/chilliwack.jpeg>
Dear Farmers and Eaters in the Fraser Valley,

I am pleased to share with you that the Opposition Standing Committee for Agriculture & Food will be meeting in Chilliwack on Monday, June 15, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The meeting will take place at the University of the Fraser Valley, CEP Campus, Room A2207. (Map here<http://www.ufv.ca/media/assets/facilities/maps/cepsite_201401.pdf>)
Anyone interested may request to speak before the Committee and there is still space available for presenters on June 15th.

Presentations should be no more than ten minutes in length. This shorter format is designed to leave to leave time for committee members to pose questions and hear answers from presenters. (More information for presenters here<http://bcagcom.blogspot.ca/p/info-for-presenters.html>.)

To schedule a presentation, please email samuel.godfrey at leg.bc.ca<mailto:samuel.godfrey at leg.bc.ca> or call 250 479 4154.

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XSQjSQBi4uI/VXX8NgQwppI/AAAAAAAAIag/rQVI8mqrl3E/s1600/signature%2Bfirst%2Bname%2Bsmall.gif>
---

The Committee is comprised of six Members of the BC Legislative Assembly and is touring the province to hear directly from farmers and those actively engaged in agriculture, food production and food policy.

The Committee has already held day-long meetings in Williams Lake and in the Comox Valley.

The goal of the Committee is to bring the values, ideas and concerns of farmers directly to the BC Legislature. Our work has already helped expose the BC Liberal government's failure to stop foreign corporations from misusing agricultural land in the Cariboo region for a dubious carbon sequestration scheme.

We look forward to being in the Fraser Valley!

Warm regards,

Lana

Lana Popham, Chair, MLA Saanich South
Vicki Huntington, Vice Chair, MLA Delta South
Robin Austin, Member, MLA Skeena
Raj Chouhan, Member, MLA Burnaby-Edmonds
Katrine Conroy, Member, MLA Kootenay West
Nicholas Simons, Member, MLA Powell River - Sunshine Coast