[BCFSN] Some great articles on agriculture and weed management (and benefits) The Weed's News - Digest

Pamela Zevit Adamah Consultants adamah at telus.net
Mon Sep 29 18:51:30 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I don't drink beer, but I feel this new Spawning Sockeye Ale is worthy of
promotion. Anything flavoured with the likes of spawning sockeye salmon has
to be filled with rich flavour!

I really appreciate that our friends Rebecca Kneen and Brian MacIsaac of
Crannog Ales, have been long time supporters of Indigenous peoples and are
willing to put them selves out there in the marketing world to say
so...they even named one of their beers "Land Claims Lager", and refused to
sell their beer at the Delta Hotels in Sun Peaks Ski Resort until the hotel
and the resort recognized Secwepemc land claims to the area.

You can find more information about their organic brewery on their website.

Please distribute this beer release event widely within your circles to
promote an enterprise with a deep social and ecological conscience.

Dawn Morrison,

Research Associate, Indigenous Community Engagement
Southwest BC Bioregional Food Systems Design and Plan
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Office: 604.599.2569
Email: dawn.morrison at kpu.ca
Website: http://www.kpu.ca/isfs