[BCFSN] Nov 15 is Municipal election time! What can you do to get food issues on the radar?

Linda Geggie lgeggie at telus.net
Thu Oct 16 14:55:32 EDT 2014

> From: Jim Wright <jamesw8300 at shaw.ca>
>
> It’s hard to see how some of the appointees are qualified. I guess we just have to trust the selection process.

Yea, especially when they turned down ME! I guess I didn't make enough campaign contributions. :-)

Seriously, I didn't think I had much of a chance. In my application, I took every opportunity to say I'd support the small farmer who uses "natural" methods (avoiding the "O" word). Or someone googled me and decided I was too outspoken.

Just the random quotes that appear after my emails would be enough to nix me as a commissioner:

:::: One of the "purchased inputs," on the "ready availability" of which our agriculture now absolutely depends, is petroleum -- for which we are not only dependent on non-agricultural sources, but on other nations. That we should have an agriculture based as much on petroleum as on the soil -- that we need petroleum exactly as much as we need food and must have it before we can eat -- may seem absurd. It is absurd. It is nevertheless true. -- Wendell Berry