[BCFSN] First Nations History, Food and Health Symposium Oct 17, 2014

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:05:15 EDT 2014

BCFSN Members and Friends,
Agriculture Minister Norm Letnick has announced the make-up of the six
regional panels of the Agricultural Land Commission. Only six of the vice
chairs and other commissioners are holdovers on the commission, and one of
those will be replaced in December.
The news release provides brief bios. It¹s hard to see how some of the
appointees are qualified. I guess we just have to trust the selection
process.
As you may recall, one of the senseless changes to the ALC Act in this
year¹s Bill 24 (the bill to kill the ALR, unsuccessfully so far), was the
removal of the ALC chair¹s role in consulting on such appointments. I hope
he was consulted anyway‹and will have a key role in a great deal of
orientation.
http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2014/10/regional-panel-members-named-to-make-a
lc-decisions-at-local-level.html
Regards,
Jim Wright, Garden City Conservation Society