[BCFSN] Nyeleni Newsletter - Creating knowledge for food sovereignty

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:58:49 EDT 2014

Pat for the organization I coordinate (South Coast Conservation Program) we will be sending out a
note via chimp mail before July 1 indicating that recipients must sign up via our website to receive
further updates. We also have an RSS feed on our webpage. Both conform to "express consent"
requirements as we can no longer use the implied consent when folks provide their email through
events etc. As well when we do have events our registration will also indicate that folks will need
to provide consent for use of their email by either signing in at the event or a tick box on the
registration page.

It's just an added layer of admin but thankfully if you have a website or chimp mail it makes it
easier (or you can use a survey like the one below to generate a list that you can then import to a
list serve J.

Pamela