[BCFSN] The UBC Farm is hiring!

Kuxdorf, Melanie melanie.kuxdorf at ubc.ca
Thu Mar 2 13:32:26 EST 2023

Hi all, we have some new job postings up that I hope you can share widely.

Field Assistant, UBC Farm

The Field Assistant performs routine crop production and land stewardship activities at the UBC Farm including (but not limited to!) day-to-day crop care and harvest forecasting, creating draft planting plans, harvesting, hoop house construction, data collection and record keeping. The work completed by the Field Assistant supports the Farm’s on-site research, teaching and community programs.

Application deadline is midnight, March 12.

Full job posting<https://ubc.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ubcstaffjobs/job/Field-Assistant_JR11719>

Practicum Field Coordinator, UBC Farm

The Practicum Field Coordinator supports on-site research, teaching and community programs in three complementary ways: mentoring and coordinating the field work of UBC Farm Practicum in Sustainable Agriculture students, stewarding the land and providing agricultural services to other site participants. Our goal is to inspire and cultivate new farmers and food sustainability leaders who will transform their communities and their food systems through initiatives and enterprises that are economically, socially, and ecologically healthy and viable.

Application deadline is midnight, March 12.

Full job posting<https://e1.envoke.com/ct/4785/29086https:/ubc.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ubcstaffjobs/job/Practicum-Field-Coordinator_JR11715>

Thanks!

Melanie Kuxdorf (She, Her, Hers<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>)

Communications and Marketing Manager

Faculty of Land and Food Systems | Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
The University of British Columbia | Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Territory
2357 Main Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z4

ubcfarm.ubc.ca<http://ubcfarm.ubc.ca/>

Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UBC.Farm/> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ubcfarm/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ubcfarm>

Melanie