[BCFSN] Honouring Dr. Lorna Medd - A Follow up Request

JK Bays joanne.k.bays at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:45:05 EDT 2022

Hello all,

Many thanks to those of you who responded to my email about finding a way
to honour Dr. Lorna Medd.

I received some beautiful tributes – thank you!

There is still time to send in a story if you wish (please scroll down for
details).

Best wishes,

Joanne Bays

**************************

*Call for Contributions to a Memory Book For Dr. Lorna Medd*

Lorna Medd, an inspirational change maker, is 75 this year. Her leadership
in health promotion across BC, and especially in the North, has been a
fundamental support and encouragement for so many working in health, food
security, environmental, and social justice arenas. She is a true
trail-blazer.

We would like to mark this birthday with remembrances from those of us
lucky enough to know Lorna, or to have worked with her. We invite you to
share your favourite memories of Lorna so we can curate a legacy
document to honour her and remind her of the community of care she built.  We
are hoping the stories will share a small glimmer of the optimistic and
rebel heart that fired up so much momentum for positive change in the
world.

There are two ways to share your story:

1) Send a photo of yourself and a paragraph or two.

2) Send a video clip. Consider sending your video in song or poetic
prose. (Lorna loves that kind of thing)

Be sure to introduce yourself and then share your story.  We will put
together a strong and impactful “this is your life” memory book

Please send your submission to baysjkathryn at gmail.com, *no later than 430
pm on April 8th.*

The final gift will be hand delivered to Lorna on her birthday - April 30.

Feel free to forward this message to Lorna's friends and colleagues -
anyone you feel would want to participate.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Joanne Bays

Dr. David Bowering