[BCFSN] Correction dear food system friends, it's a Climate Food Emergency

Women's Food and Water Initiative wfwi at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 10 17:59:56 EST 2021

Hi Teresa, and all,

Thanks for your message.
I did watch the video you suggested, or most of it.
Unfortunately Charles doesn't seem to be getting the idea of
the end of the jet stream, which is what will happen when there is a
Blue Ocean Event . When the jet stream breaks down there is no reliable
weather. The reliable weather is the only reason we have an effective food system.
The seeds sprout at given temperatures and moisture, and they mature IF the weather is favourable.

Its true the hydrological system is very important and there are ways to treat these systems better than we currently do.
But no one can refreeze that Arctic Ice, it's meting at an exponential rate as our GHG emissions increase.
I still think that Urban Farming Collectives will give us our best footing for weathering the Climate Food Emergency
up until the BOE. After that all bets are off.

Here's something from Paul Beckwith about the BOE.
https://youtu.be/OH-rQyEoYew

all the best, Jen Fisher-Bradley