[BCFSN] Kamloops Food System Assessment Final Report

Kamloops Food Policy Council info at kamloopsfoodpolicycouncil.com
Tue Oct 6 18:57:32 EDT 2020

Hi all,

The Kamloops Food Policy Council is delighted to announce the formal
release of a pioneering analysis that emerged as part of the Community Food
Action Initiative funded and supported by Interior Health and Thompson
Rivers University.

The "*Assessment of Kamloops Food System
<https://kamloopsfoodpolicycouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Assessment-of-Kamloops-Food-System-Final-Report.pdf>*"
was spearheaded by Emily Pletsch and Robyn Mclean and executed in
collaboration with the Kamloops Food Policy Council Strategic Planning
Committee and Tapestry Evaluation and Strategy.

The research was supported by the knowledge briefs
<https://kamloopsfoodpolicycouncil.com/our-library/> prepared by nursing
students Tina Schult and Shida Nyirenda focusing on systems change,
emergent strategy, complexity theory, strategic learning, and Indigenous
food sovereignty and decolonization.

As a community, to move towards a system that is regenerative, sovereign,
and just, we need to pause and reflect on where we are presently. The
assessment provides a snapshot of the system, which will allow us to
understand what to prioritize to make the biggest difference in the system,
and to make comparisons and understand changes to the system as we move
forward with this work.

I attached the final draft of the report to this email. Please share with
your network!! We hope this assessment will inspire further research from
our network.

Thank you all for your support!

Regards,

--