[BCFSN] community gardens protocol in COVID19 era

Jen McMullen mcmullen.j at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:23:27 EDT 2020

I have helped build community garden on an old asphalt tennis court at the
Friendship Centre. I made long 3 ft high beds (accessibility was an issue
and they had the $ for soil)... Then we lined the bottoms and sides with
pond liner so water wouldn't pool out of the beds. And then we filled it
with 1/2 soil and 1/2 composted sea soil (organic). They top up the soil
with bought soil every year and plant into compost they make themselves.
Because the beds were lined with pond liner, we just used spruce wood and
not more $$ cedar. Though, some people later on said they would've liked it
to be cedar.

Thanks, Jen

Jen McMullen
--