[BCFSN] Fwd: Race and the Science of Starvation; The Myth of a Wilderness Without Humans; The Postwar Kitchen

Kathleen Gibson kathleenevgibson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 14:53:25 EDT 2019

Yeah I just read Stray Thoughts and had the same reaction as Jan.  I'm
always interested to hear from anyone trying to see forward and around
corners, but, like Jan, I think Solow is missing the fundamental problem
that our economic systems are predicated on cannibalizing our environment
and this is the program we need to change.

I am interested in hearing from people who "follow the money" and have
found political economist Mark Blyth's exposition helpful.  His recent lecture
at McMaster <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGuaoARJYU0> is also presented
in a CBC radio Ideas program
<https://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/global-trumpism-bailouts-brexit-and-battling-climate-change-1.5321199>.
New Ideas host Nahlah Ayed is kicking Ideas programs up a welcome notch.

Thanks, Abra, for introducing MIT press offerings to the listserv!  I liked
the mix.

Kathleen Gibson