[BCFSN] Invitation to participate in online-survey about cellular agriculture

Zsofia Mendly-Zambo mendlyzambo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 18:37:28 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I hope this email finds you all well! My name is Zsofia Mendly-Zambo and I
am part of a research project at the Food and Agriculture Institute
(University of the Fraser Valley). We are conducting a study on attitudes
of British Columbian's towards dairy produced through cellular agriculture.

I would like to invite you to participate in our survey located at:
https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/dairy2. The estimated time of completion is
between 10-15 minutes and there is a chance to win a $100 gift card at the
end.

A more formal invitation is below and if you have any questions please do
not hesitate to email me at mendlyzambo at gmail.com.

Many thanks!

- Zsofia Mendly-Zambo

 -----------------

Cellular agriculture refers to the production of agricultural products
using cell cultures, a process that allows for the production of milk and
dairy products, as well as other animal products without relying on
animals. The purpose of this study is to collect information on
perspectives on these technologies, with the goal of understanding what the
potential social, economic and political implications of cellular
agriculture are in BC, and to also understand how this technology may be
regulated. This information will be collected through both surveys and
interviews. While most of the attention placed on cellular agriculture in
both media and academic research has been on in vitro meat production, milk
and other dairy products are already being successfully produced using
cellular agricultural technologies and are projected to become publicly
available within a short timeframe. As such, the social impacts of cellular
agriculture and the questions that these technologies raise merit serious
attention. We will be sharing the results of this study by research
summaries, a media release, with two or more scholarly publications and
also via a website which will archive project results.

Our research comprises of an online survey accessed at
https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/dairy2.  We estimate that completion of this
survey will take no more than 15-20 minutes.

Please proceed at https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/dairy2 if you would like to
learn more about the survey; you will have the option to ask us questions
before choosing to participate, and return to the link later. Participation
in this study is of course voluntary, though we would very much value your
contribution.

--
Zsofia Mendly-Zambo MSc, MA, PhD Candidate, York University
Research Assistant, Food and Agriculture Institute