[BCFSN] the People's Coalition to Survive the Climate Food Emergency --- join us at WFWI

Women's Food and Water Initiative wfwi at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 17 11:05:15 EDT 2019

Hi Jan and all, thanks for engaging.
We need a coalition of folks joined together in a horizontal group structure.

I encourage everyone to at the very least use the terminology:
Climate Food Emergency whenever you speak about the crisis.

I do not believe we can feed ourselves without a national focus on creating dynamic (because the global heating continues to increase) local (low carbon footprint), good food systems.
It will take a lot of applied science, sweat and political will. Our farms/warehouses where food is growing will have to be protected by a security strategy. Our armed forces will have to be fully engaged across the country.

When our current food systems fail there will be panic throughout our seemingly peaceful neighbourhoods and in the halls of power.  These demands serve to give direction to panicked governments in their hour of intense panic which they are not even the tiniest bit prepared for, such is their denial.

Anyhow many people don't understand how close we are to a Blue Ocean Event. When that happens, some predict in 4-6 years, all bets are off.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CexQmFFtoTw

Jen FB