[BCFSN] Register for Young Agrarians Mixers in the Okanagan or Vancouver Island

Vancouver Island Young Agrarians westcoast at youngagrarians.org
Wed Jan 17 15:59:46 EST 2018

Have you signed up to attend a Young Agrarians Mixer in your region
yet? Calling
all new and young(ish and at heart) farmers, and want-to-be-farmers! Folks
from across the province will be gathering at two regional Young Agrarians
Winter Mixers in January and February 2018. We're offering two full days
bursting with information, skills sharing, networking and phenomenal foods
in the Okanagan and on Vancouver Island!

[image: OKMIXER-listserve.png]

OKANAGAN WINTER MIXER:

When: Saturday, January 27 - Sunday, January 28,  2018

Where: Syilx Territory - Summerhill Pyramid Winery, 4870 Chute Lake Rd,
Kelowna, BC V1W 4M3 <https://goo.gl/maps/fUuP35fQVhu>

*Learn more & register: *http://youngagrarians.org/okmixer2018

Cost: Sliding scale $65-125. Price includes delicious locally sourced
lunches and snacks. Work trades available, contact:
okanagan at youngagrarians.org.

[image: VIMIXER-listserve.png]

VANCOUVER ISLAND WINTER MIXER:

When: Saturday, February 10 -  Sunday, February 11, 2018

Where: Coast Salish Territory - Camp Pringle, 2520 West Shawnigan Lake Rd,
Shawnigan Lake, BC
<https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Camp+Pringle/@48.6440202,-123.6534071,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x27591314d68035be!8m2!3d48.6440202!4d-123.6534071>

Learn more & register: http://youngagrarians.org/vimixer2018

Cost: Sliding scale $75-150. Work trades are available, contact:
westcoast at youngagrarians.org

Both Mixers are open to the public, and the range of sessions will appeal
to everybody with an interest in maintaining and preserving the local food
system, including farmers, homesteaders and gardeners. We’ve got content
for folks just getting started, and for those who want to dive deeper to
build a strong farm business. Get inspired, sharpen your farm skills, and
build connections with other new farmers. Here are some of our featured
speakers:

LAND LINKING EVENTS:

[image: LANDLINK_listserveimage.png]

Want Land? Got Land?

Are you a farmer looking for land? Are you a landowner looking for farmers?
We Want You! Join us at a Land Linking event near you on Vancouver Island,
in Penticton or Richmond to network, learn about leases, and more! Topics
you want to learn? Email land at youngagrarians.org.

WARNING: You may find a farmer who can turn your vacant field into a
productive farm, or keep your productive farm in production! Land seekers,
you may find a landowner with the land opportunity you’ve been seeking!
Come with an idea of what you are looking for, and a quick synopsis of your
vision for your land or future farm. List your land or farm dream on the YA
U-MAP today: maps.youngagrarians.org

Land Linking Dates and Links:

FEB 10, 2018: SHAWNIGAN LAKE, BC – Young Agrarians 5th Vancouver Island
Winter Mixer & Land Linking Workshop
<http://youngagrarians.org/vimixer2018/>

FEB 17: PENTICTON, BC – South Okanagan Land Link
<http://youngagrarians.org/southoklandlink/>

*MAR 5: RICHMOND, BC - More info coming soon!*

COMMUNITY POTLUCK & SOCIALS

OKANAGAN: Saturday January 27th, 6:30pm-9:30pm

VANCOUVER ISLAND: Saturday, February 10th, 6:00-9:00pm

Young Agrarians Potluck Socials are popular events across the province!
They offer you the opportunity to meet and hang out with other new farmers
and want-to-be farmers in a laid back and tasty atmosphere. Young Agrarians
is hosting two Saturday night Potluck Socials in conjunction with Winter
Mixers in the Okanagan and Vancouver Island regions. The Potluck Socials
are free and open to all ages - just bring a dish to share. Invite your
friends and family – the more, the merrier! For timing and location details
check out the Okanagan Winter Mixer Community Potluck
<http://youngagrarians.org/okmixer2018> and the Vancouver Island Winter
Mixer Community Potluck <http://youngagrarians.org/vimixer2018>.

Hope to see some of you wonderful farmers out at our events! Please spread
the word!

Cheers,

Moss Dance
Vancouver Island Young Agrarians Coordinator
westcoast at youngagrarians.org
250-702-0980 <(250)%20702-0980>

Web | youngagrarians.org <http://www.youngagrarians.org/>
E-News | Sign Up
<http://youngagrarians.org/mailchimp-pop-up/mailchimp-pop-up.html>
FB |  YoungAgrarians <http://www.facebook.com/YoungAgrarians>
Twitter | youngagrarians <https://twitter.com/#!/youngagrarians>
Flickr | youngagrarians <http://www.flickr.com/groups/youngagrarians>

westcoast at youngagrarians.org
250-702-0980

Web | youngagrarians.org <http://www.youngagrarians.org/>
E-News | Sign Up
<http://youngagrarians.org/mailchimp-pop-up/mailchimp-pop-up.html>
FB |  YoungAgrarians <http://www.facebook.com/YoungAgrarians>
Twitter | youngagrarians <https://twitter.com/#!/youngagrarians>
Flickr | youngagrarians <http://www.flickr.com/groups/youngagrarians>

Young Agrarians is a partnership with FarmFolk CityFolk
<http://farmfolkcityfolk.ca/>