[BCFSN] Farm to School CANADA Grants Available

JK Bays joanne.k.bays at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:25:53 EST 2018

Hi all

What do the state of New York
<https://newyorknetwire.com/ny-governor-cuomo-announces-1-million-awarded-to-12-farm-to-school-programs-24312/>,
the Public Health Agency of Canada
<https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2017/10/government_of_canadasupportsnationalfarmtoschoolinitiative.html>,
the Whole Kids Foundation
<https://3blmedia.com/News/Whole-Kids-Foundation-and-Farm-Cafeteria-Canada-Announce-Largest-Federally-Supported-Multi>,
and the BC Ministry of Health
<https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017HLTH0070-000923> have in Common? EACH
has recently invested more than 1 M to advance Farm to School. AND get
this, three of these agencies are solidly supporting Farm to School in
CANADA.

And What is the best part of this news for British Columbian students?
Thanks to solid support from the province and so many sectors for so many
years BC is one of the most progressive provinces in this domain. Check out
activities on the  F2SBC website <https://farmtoschoolbc.ca>.

I am sending this note for 2 reasons: 1) I want  to say thank you to all
who continue to help F2S find its place in the sun,  AND  2) I want to
announce another pocket of grant money is available from F2CC for BC
schools keen to raise a Farm to School Salad Bar. Read here for  about the Farm
to School Canada Grant
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/our-work/farm-to-school-canada-grants/>
program 2018

*The deadline to apply is March 31, 2018*

Best
Joanne
--

Joanne Bays
National Manager Farm to Cafeteria Canada
Email: farm2cafeteriacanada at gmail.com

Follow us!
Website: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca
Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarmtocafeteriaCanada/