[BCFSN] BCFSN bids farewell to Brent Mansfield, seeks a new Project Director

Kathleen Gibson kathleenevgibson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 16:45:16 EDT 2017

Greetings

The BCFSN Steering Committee has regretfully accepted Brent Mansfield's
resignation and is now looking for a Project Director.

A shout-out for Brent and more information about the job posting is below.
Please circulate the posting link in your networks.

Thanks

Linda Geggie and Kathleen Gibson

BCFSN Steering Committee Co-Chairs

*Brent Mansfield has left us …*
[image: Brent in his element in a school garden!]
<http://bcfsn.org/home/screen-shot-2017-09-21-at-8-15-46-pm/>

*Brent in his element in a school garden!*

Brent Mansfield has left the BC Food Systems Network and has returned to
teaching.  This gain for the Vancouver School Board definitely leaves a gap
at the BCFSN that it will be hard to fill.

The Steering Committee and all members of the BCFSN who have the pleasure
of knowing Brent are so grateful for the time he spent in leadership with
us.  He helped the organization navigate a transition to being a project of
Tides Canada Initiatives; supported three annual Gatherings where
participants explored necessary and difficult conversations about diversity
and justice; facilitated learning and capacity building for food security
with local governments and Health Authorities; and brought his analysis and
persuasive intelligence to bear on building the foundation for Sustain BC,
a common agenda for multi-sectoral work on sustainable food systems in BC.
These are significant contributions to sustainable food systems work in the
BCFSN and for the whole province.

We commend Brent for his self-awareness, unfailing good humour and grace
under pressure.  It has been said that the most critical quality in a quest
for evolution is an “intent to learn.” This is one of Brent’s greatest
strengths: his boundless curiosity and willingness to learn have benefited
us greatly and will continue to benefit us and his new communities of
practice.

Because we are widely distributed, we can’t hold a big actual party for
Brent, but we do encourage you to send your thanks, good wishes and virtual
bouquets to him here <thankyoubrent at bcfsn.org>.  If you are in Vancouver,
do call and take him out for a (local, artisanal) beer or two.

Thank you, Brent, for your generosity to the BCFSN and the food movement in
BC and across the country.  We miss you already!

*… and we are seeking a Project Director*

The posting for the BCFSN Project Director position can be found on the
Tides Canada website here
<http://tidescanada.org/jobs/project-director-bc-food-systems-network/>.

This position is a changemaker role in BC food systems at the intersection
of community advocacy, academia and policy makers, with potential for
significant impact through the work.

Closing date for applications is end of day Monday 16 October. Please
circulate this in your networks.