[BCFSN] Fwd: Ready, Set, Dig in to Farm to School Month CANADA 2017

JK Bays joanne.k.bays at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 12:14:37 EDT 2017

Hello BC Food System folks

On behalf of Farm to Cafeteria Canada <http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca>,
here's a little update about Canada's NATIONAL  Farm to School
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/f2s_aboutus_2015_en_online.pdf>
movement.

*Please have a read and help us to kick up this activity!*

Did you know?

*F2CC leads Canada's National Farm to School movement?*

Yes! And we work closely with our core provincial partners, like PHABC, who
lead Provincial Farm to School activity. (see the F2SBC
<http://farmtoschoolbc.ca> website)
Each principal partner agency has designated a regional lead
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/about-us/regional-leads/>to support
national activity,

*F2CC  has established and maintains the only living map
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/our-work/school-food-map/>of F2S
activity in Canada?*

Yes! More than 1000 CDN  preschools schools and campuses reaching more than
700,000 students report that they are engaged in F2S  - growing,  buying,
cooking, selling and/or eating healthy, local foods at school. The
estimated amount of funds spent annually on local foods by these schools is
15 M

*F2CC has  created a number of fabulous CDN resources?*

Yes! Check out our National Story Book
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/F2S-Storybook_en_online.pdf>,
and one of our favourite videos:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yIuIkgcGJA>  Local Foods To School;
Reconnecting the Children of Haida Gwaii to their Land and their Foods.

*F2CC plans to release the first national Farm to School CANADA benefits
sheet this fall?*

YES! And we are seeing similar trends to the US F2S benefits
<http://www.farmtoschool.org/Resources/BenefitsFactSheet.pdf>sheet

*F2CC and our partners are about to launch a large federally funded
national project that will scale up and evaluate this activity and expand
our reach into campuses? *

YES! Sign up for our national biannual newsletter
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/get-connected/>and watch our website
for an announcement.

We seek your help in kicking up this movement which is at its core very
much about res-establishing vibrant local sustainable  food systems.

Please scroll down to read about our 4th annual *Farm to School month
CANADA campaign
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/our-work/farm-to-school-month-canada-2017/>.*
We ask that you encourage your children, their school community,  your
farmers, and other key contacts to "dig in" to Farm to School this October
(please read and share the  info below) .* Every school that registers
their activity is placed on the national map. Every school that registers
is also eligible for a draw for 1 of 3 grants valued at $1500. *

We appreciate your help!

Joanne Bays
National Manager Farm to Cafeteria Canada
4445 Norfolk Street
Burnaby BC V5G 0A7
Email: farm2cafeteriacanada at gmail.com

Follow us!
Website: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca
Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarmtocafeteriaCanada/
Twitter: @farm2cafeteria

Ready, Set, Dig in!
Farm to School Month in CANADA is just around the corner.

[image: Inline image 1]

Each October, Farm to Cafeteria Canada
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/> collaborates with lead agencies
across the nation to organize and deliver annual Farm to School Month
CANADA Campaigns
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/farm-to-school-month-canada-2017/>. These
national campaigns run concurrently with the US Farm to School Month
campaigns organized by the US National Farm to School Network.
<http://www.farmtoschool.org/> Canadian campaigns are designed to engage
and connect preschool, school and campus communities in activities to
celebrate Farm to School.

2017 marks the launch of CANADA's 4th annual Farm to School Month Canada
Campaign. Our aim this year is to inspire *Farm to School everywhere -
including* the establishment of a children’s organic vegetable garden at
the Prime Minister’s residence at 24 Sussex
<https://maps.google.com/?q=24+Sussex&entry=gmail&source=g> Street in
Ottawa.

*Our theme this year is #digincanada!*

Help us to inspire more Farm to School
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/f2s_aboutus_2015_en_online.pdf>
in
CANADA. Get ready to dig into a Farm to School activity during the month of
October. Share your photo and stories about your activities and we'll make
sure they are shared through our network of networks that reach more than
500,000. Register your activities with us  for a chance to 1 of 3 Farm to
School grants, valued at $1500 Cdn each.

Full details about CANADA's Farm to School Month Campaign including
information about registering your activities visit our Farm to School
Month CANADA Campaign web page at

*Farm to School Month CANADA 2017
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/farm-to-school-month-canada-2017>*

*Please share this email far and wide!*

*Thank you!*

Your Farm to cafeteria Canada Team

[image: Inline image 3]
Follow us!
Website: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca
Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarmtocafeteriaCanada/
Twitter: @farm2cafeteria

__________________________

Préparez-vous à mettez la main à la pâte!
Le mois de la ferme à l'école de CANADA s'en vient.

[image: Inline image 2]
Au mois d’octobre chaque année, le réseau De la ferme à la cafétéria Canada
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/fr/> collabore avec ses organismes
responsables partout au pays pour organiser et exécuter des campagnes
annuelles du Mois De la ferme à l’école Canada
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/fr/nos-initiatives/mois-de-la-ferme-a-lecole-canada-2017/>.
Ces campagnes nationales se déroulent en même temps que celles organisées
par notre homologue américain, le US National Farm to School Network
http://www.farmtoschool.org/. Au Canada, les campagnes sont conçues pour
mobiliser les communautés préscolaires, scolaires, collégiales et
universitaires et les encourager à participer à des activités destinées à
célébrer le mouvement De la ferme à l’école.
L’année 2017 marque le lancement de la 4e édition annuelle du Mois De la
ferme à l’école Canada. Notre objectif cette année est nous souhaitons
inspirer la réalisation d’activités De la ferme à l’école partout, incluant
l’établissement d’un jardin potager biologique pour enfants à la résidence
du premier ministre du Canada, au 24, rue Sussex
<https://maps.google.com/?q=24,+rue+Sussex&entry=gmail&source=g>, à Ottawa,
en Ontario.
Notre thème cette année est : *#canadaterrefertile*

Aidez-nous à multiplier les célébrations du Mois De la ferme à l’école
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/f2s_aboutus_2015_fr_online.pdf>
partout
au Canada! Préparez-vous à mettez la main à la  pâte pour une activité de
la ferme à l'école au cours du mois d'octobre. Partagez vos photos et
histoires sur vos activités et nous les partagerons à travers notre réseau
de réseaux qui atteindront plus de 500 000 personnes. Enregistrez vos
activités avec nous pour avoir la chance de gagner 1 de 3 bourse de la
ferme à l'école, d'une valeur de 1500 $ CAN chacune.

Des détails complets sur la campagne du mois de la ferme à l'école du
CANADA, y compris des renseignements sur l'inscription de vos activités,
visitez notre site Web de la campagne au

*Mois de la Ferme à l'école CANADA 2017
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/fr/nos-initiatives/mois-de-la-ferme-a-lecole-canada-2017/>*

*Partagez cet email partout!*

*Merci!*

Votre équipe de la ferme à la cafétéria Canada

[image: Inline image 4]
Suivez nous!
Site Web: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca
Groupe Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarmtocafeteriaCanada/