[BCFSN] Celebrating BCFSN's 18th birthday

Abra Brynne abra at bcfsn.org
Tue Sep 12 18:36:41 EDT 2017

Hello all,
18 years ago today, the BC Food Systems Network was formed. The small but
diverse people who gathered from across the province realized that there
was great value in meeting together in person, to supporting each other in
the work in our respective communities.

To honour this day and our founding leader, Cathleen Kneen, I have attached
two documents that she wrote to capture the Network's birth: the press
release and the report from that first Gathering.

Eighteen years on, much of the work remains the same but we have grown so
much, deepened our analysis, and strengthened our networks and communities.
in good food,
Abra

Abra Brynne
Director, Engagement & Policy
BC Food Systems Network
abra at bcfsn.org
Ph: 250.352.5342 // mobile: 250.777.2480
Skype: abra.brynne
www.bcfsn.org

**I am in the office monday - wednesday and will respond as quickly as I am
able.

Please support our work <http://bcfsn.org/donate/>.

"Rather than concentrating on what sort of food is healthy for the
individual person, we must think about what kind of production system is
healthy for the globe. Acting in the context of this vision of a different
kind of food system, we will gain the freedom - and the power - to force
change for some measure of justice in this one." Cathleen Kneen, 1987