[BCFSN] Secwepemc Trans Mountain Oversight Plenary - Your support is needed

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:23:08 EDT 2017

[image: Inline image 1]

Secwepemc Trans Mountain Oversight Plenary (STOP)

C/O George Manuel Institute

Unit B – 5836 Trans Canada Hwy

Chase, BC, V0E 1M0

Dear Friends and Allies,

*Re: Kinder Morgan Pipeline – No Secwepemc Consent *

*Request for donations*

The grassroots Secwepemc Trans Mountain Oversight Plenary is mobilizing to
resist the Trans Mountain Pipeline that is being proposed by Kinder Morgan
in the northern part of our traditional territory. It is urgent that we
stop Kinder Morgan from building the pipeline that would carry 900,000
barrels a day of diluted bitumen, a highly explosive neurotoxin, through
518 km of our traditional Secwepemc territory. If we allow, it would pose a
serious risk to several hundred streams and rivers that flow into the
Fraser Basin. Kinder Morgan is proposing to build the pipeline as near as
700 metres to the headwaters which has been designated special status in
the Canadian Heritage River Management System!

The pipeline not only poses a serious risk to the drinking water for all
the communities downstream, it also threatens habitat for endangered
species of wild salmon and Woodland Caribou. As grassroots Secwepemc we are
concerned for the health and wellbeing of our present and future
generations, and conserving our bio-diversity and cultural heritage that
benefits all people. We are challenged to mobilize with little or no
financial or administrative support outside of the governance and
administrative system that is the root cause of the problem. Therefore, we
are looking for donations of funding, supplies, tools, and equipment for
communications, media, travel to planning meetings and camps, and
resistance camp logistics.

Your donation would help us organize “on the ground” resistance camps, and
would also support the development of education materials and toolkits that
will promote renewable energy, adaptation to climate change, and healthy
alternatives to employment in the dirty fossil fuel industry. The community
based economic plans will include developing partnerships with sustainable
energy organizations who are willing to provide training for jobs in that
rapidly growing renewable energy sector.

If you are able to donate money, supplies, or equipment outlined above, we
would be happy to publicly acknowledge your contributions and place your
business logo on our website, promotional materials, and social media.
Please send donations of cash via e transfer to *tellqelmucw at gmail.com
<tellqelmucw at gmail.com>*, or mail a cheque or money order to Janice Billy,
Treasurer, George Manuel Institute, Unit B – 5836 Trans Canada Highway,
Chase, BC, V0E 1M0.

Feel free to contact Dawn Morrison with any further questions regarding
this request at (778) 879.5106. Thank you in advance for your kind
consideration and generosity. Together we can ensure a healthier world for
present and future generations!

Sincerely,

Janice Billy, Secwepemc

Message sent via Dawn Morrison,

Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
C/O 555 East 55th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C, V5X 1N6
Mobile: 778.879.5106
Email: dmo6842 at gmail.com