[BCFSN] Putting Local Food on The Public Plate - the spring edition of F2CC's newsletter has been released

JK Bays joanne.k.bays at gmail.com
Wed May 3 11:26:52 EDT 2017

Hello all

It  has been a while since I last posted, but I wanted to let you know that
the spring edition of Farm to Cafeteria Canada's Newsletter - *Putting
Local Food on the Public Plate -  *is out.

This biannual newsletter showcases stellar practice, evaluation and policy
activity underway across the nation directed at putting more healthy local
and sustainable foods in our preschools, schools, campuses and health care
facilities.

*Breaking News School Stories *

Celebrating the impact of Nourishing School Communities
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/2017/04/celebrating-the-impact-of-nourishing-school-communities/>
-
at 2.4 M NSC was the single largest investment by the CDN govt in school
food

500K in grants delivered to 50 schools in BC and ON
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/2015/12/farm-to-school-grant-bc-and-on-guidelines/>to
bring more of the local harvest into Cafeterias

Local foods to School Learning Circles Expand to 4 Indigenous Communities
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/2017/04/learning-circles-local-healthy-foods-to-school-initiative-expands-to-four-indigenous-communities/>

READ the Full newsletter

English Putting Healthy Local Food on the Public Plate - F2CC Newsletter
<http://mailchi.mp/0fb397218b8e/tc9cz9xhr6-1874849?e=72289f372b>,
French Les aliments locaux au menu public – Bulletin du réseau De la ferme
à la cafétéria Canada
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/15bb5582b1d8ddff?compose=15bbb0b43a5fe886>

SUBSCRIBE to receive future editions here
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/contact-us/>

So exciting to see Farm to School movement, which has its roots in BC,
 expand to other institutions and communities across Canada

Happy reading!

Joanne

--

Joanne Bays
National Manager Farm to Cafeteria Canada
Email: farm2cafeteriacanada at gmail.com

Follow us!
Website: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca
Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarmtocafeteriaCanada/