[BCFSN] The Poor Need a Guaranteed Income, Not Our Charity

Pamela Zevit adamah at telus.net
Thu Jul 6 12:43:08 EDT 2017

Published today in The Walrus.

"Community gardens, cooking classes, and food banks may make us feel good, but they don't solve the
problem of food insecurity.Hunger is an easy feeling to define. We've all known it, to some degree,
at one point or another. Food security, on the other hand, is trickier-and according to experts,
it's more common and more dangerous than the suffering or malnutrition we typically associate with
the physical state of hunger."

https://thewalrus.ca/the-poor-need-a-guaranteed-income-not-our-charity/

---