[BCFSN] Join CFCC's latest webinar on Food Banks!

Mara Brotman mara at cfccanada.ca
Thu Feb 23 11:33:28 EST 2017

Hi everyone, we'd love for you to join us on March 14 for our latest
webinar. Please feel free to share this far and wide.

Upcoming webinar: Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 12-1 p.m. Eastern

Looking beyond the emergency: Innovation in local and regional food banks

Register here
<https://events-na11.adobeconnect.com/content/connect/c1/1335630601/en/events/event/shared/1343712834/event_landing.html?sco-id=1599823456&_charset_=utf-8>

After many years in action, food banks haven't gone away. Though many share
the end goal of no longer being needed and supporting adequate social
policy, some are taking steps now to transform emergency food programs into
proactive solutions to the poor health and social isolation that is
virtually baked into the poverty experience. This webinar will look at the
food bank system and innovations that are taking place at both the regional
and grassroots level to make food banks healthier, more dignified, and a
force for policy change.

On Tuesday, March 14 we will host a lively conversation between Susannah
Morgan, CEO of the Oregon Food Bank; Charles Jergl, Director of Agency
Relations at The Daily Bread Food Bank; and Rekha Cherian who has just
joined the CFCC team after seven years managing the food bank at The Stop
Community Food Centre in Toronto.

When: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12 - 1 p.m. Eastern

Where: Your computer

How much: Free!

REGISTER HERE
<https://events-na11.adobeconnect.com/content/connect/c1/1335630601/en/events/event/shared/1343712834/event_landing.html?sco-id=1599823456&_charset_=utf-8>

Can't Attend? As with all our webinars, this one will be posted to The Pod
Knowledge Exchange <http://thepod.cfccanada.ca/>along with a host of
downloadable resources a week or so after the event. Visit The Pod to stay
in the loop about this webinar and others yet to come.

Hot off the presses!

We are now launching Community Food Centres Canada’s newest manual, Beyond
Emergency Food: How to evolve your food bank into a force for change
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FKWTFTX>.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FKWTFTX

This practical tool offers ways food banks can build on their strengths and
resources to look beyond emergency food provision and set their sights on
bigger picture issues, from building health and dignity to engaging
community voices and calling for change.

*Mara Brotman*
Knowledge Exchange Coordinator
Community Food Centres Canada
80 Ward St., suite 100 | Toronto ON | M6H 4A6
416-531-8826 ext. 263 | www.cfccanada.ca
Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Food-Centres-Canada/331468530262542>
 | Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/aplaceforfood> | Instagram