[BCFSN] COABC 2017 Conference in Nanaimo Feb 24-26th

COABC Conference Coordinator conference at certifiedorganic.bc.ca
Wed Feb 1 00:53:42 EST 2017

Hello BCFSN Subscribers!

I wanted to tell you that the Certified Organic Associations of BC
(COABC) has our annual conference and AGM coming up this month, Feb.
24-26th. The conference will be at the Coast Bastion Hotel on Snuneymuxw
Territory in Nanaimo.

We are thrilled to have Nicolas Peterson from the Lower Nicola Indian
Band as our keynote speaker! He will be speaking to our theme for this
year’s conference, Relationships in Transition: Land, Livestock,
Waterways, and Community. We will also host a roundtable discussion to
share perspectives across cultures about indigenous foods.

The COABC in a non-profit organization, promoting organic agriculture
and providing education about organic agriculture and organic foods.  We
will have technical information and business planning sessions spanning
the streams of Processing, Production, Livestock, and Food Policy. The
sessions will offer practical research updates for organic production,
the organic certification process, animal health on organic farms,
small-scale processing, indigenous foodlands, cooperative business
models, planning to reach the wholesale market and much more.

Session summaries and the conference program are available on the COABC
website at certifiedorganic.bc.ca.

Other highlights include:
Y.A. Mixer
COABC Seed Swap
Trade Show
Silent Auction
Organic Beer and Cider tasting
Live Music on Saturday Night
Yoga for Farmers
Organic Certification 101
.....AND MUCH MORE!!

Buy your tickets here before they are all gone:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/coabc-conference-2017-tickets-28946785615

We also still have room in our Trade Show for more booths, if you are
interested email me at this address: conference at certifiedorganic.bc.ca

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you there!

JESSE JOHNSTON-HILL

Conference Coordinator

Certified Organic Associations of BC

http://www.certifiedorganic.bc.ca/