[BCFSN] CFCC upcoming webinar: market vouchers and upstream health!

Mara Brotman mara at cfccanada.ca
Mon Sep 19 11:07:05 EDT 2016

Filling the low-income plate: How Wholesome Wave is shaking up preventative
health and the future of food security

Upcoming webinar: Thursday, September 29, 2016

REGISTER HERE
<https://events-na11.adobeconnect.com/content/connect/c1/1335630601/en/events/event/shared/1343712834/event_landing.html?sco-id=1530825775&_charset_=utf-8>

On Thursday, June 29 from 12:00 - 1:00 Eastern, join Community Food Centres
Canada for a free webinar. What would happen if lack of funds wasn’t a
barrier to accessing fresh fruit and vegetables? Access to healthy food
directly correlates to health — and a lack of it prevents low-income
communities from managing diet-related illnesses such as diabetes and
cardiovascular disease. Where can we focus our interventions to have the
most impact?

In this one-hour webinar, we’ll look at how Wholesome Wave is getting good
food into the hands of vulnerable communities — from prescriptions for
fruit and vegetables and matching incentives at farmers markets to a
national network that offers grants and training for programs offering
subsidized healthy food access. Michel Nischan, award-winning chef and CEO
of Wholesome Wave joins us to share his recipe for addressing diet-related
chronic disease at the root, with measurable benefits to people’s health.