[BCFSN] Fwd: New Report: First Nations along James Bay coast need to spend more than half their income on food

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:03:55 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Please see forwarded message below for a newly released report on the cost
of food for First Nations in the north. It is not really new, but it is
nonetheless important to have the stats for wide scale release. Another
important disparity and injustice to reconcile in First Nations communities
whom experience poor qualities of life and high rates of stress and
uncertainty in some of the most poverty stricken neighbourhoods in so
called Canada.

Share far and wide!

Dawn Morrison,

BC Food Systems Network
Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
C/O 555 East 55th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C, V5X 1N6
Mobile: 778.879.5106
Email: dmo6842 at gmail.com