[BCFSN] Farmers supporting migrant justice?

Anelyse Weiler anelyse.m.weiler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:51:30 EDT 2016

Dear all,

We're looking for farmer organizations, or organizations with a large
proportion of farmers, to lend their support to a letter of endorsement for
Justice for Migrant Workers' Harvesting Freedom 1600-km caravan. The
primary demand of the caravan has been for the federal government to grant
status on arrival for migrant farmworkers so they can exercise their rights
in practice (many other immigrant groups in 'high skill' categories are
granted status on arrival).

So far, Young Agrarians and a chapter of the National Farmers Union have
kindly signed on. Please let me know if you'd like to add your
organization's signature:
http://sustainontario.com/2016/10/07/31577/blog/farmers-in-solidarity-with-justice-for-migrant-workers-harvesting-freedom-campaign

At this point, we aren't seeking signatures from individual farms or
farmers, although you are more than welcome to sign the J4MW petition:
https://harvestingfreedom.org/petition/

Kind regards,
Anelyse