[BCFSN] Support for Wild Salmon Caravan

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:42:05 EDT 2016

HI Jay and All,

I have been very busy establishing the budget for the funding we got
approved from the First Nations Health Authority.

I will be announcing it formally and discussing the allocation that Eddie
and I have agreed upon. I will do this at our next planning meeting that I
have booked for next Friday April 1st from 12:30 - 2:30 pm at Britannia.

The First Nations Health Authority is asking for a budget that shows all
the other contributions including in kind and cash so please add values and
formulas for the contribution you are all making in time and space to this
spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WsZ8Ei9uLJDpJ97xl0TcAGUNSbroj6lxxdaXAoh0XfM/edit#gid=1910044329

It is important to help us build the budget for next year too.

My Uncle Jones Ignace (aka Wolverine) has passed away yesterday, so I am
travelling home for the service. I hope to be back with enough time next
week to coordinate a program planning meeting before our next meeting as
discussed, but we may have to wait until the following week if I'm not able
to pull it all together.

I will also send out the save the date poster that Rodrigo has created for
us, after one more edit has been made.

Also, please share our crowdfunding campaign widely and follow up with
phone calls or visits to your friends, family and colleagues to ask if they
can contribute. It is not enough to just post the campaign, it really does
require a team of people to follow up.
https://www.generosity.com/celebration-fundraising/wild-salmon-caravan

Thank you all so much for your time, efforts and demonstrated dedication! I
am excited to give you the update of all the great pieces that are coming
together so nicely!

Hope you all have a really great long weekend!

Dawn Morrison,

BC Food Systems Network
Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
C/O 555 East 55th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C, V5X 1N6
Mobile: 778.879.5106
Email: dmo6842 at gmail.com