[BCFSN] Okanagan & Kootenay listees

Popham.MLA, Lana Lana.Popham.MLA at leg.bc.ca
Mon Jun 6 18:19:14 EDT 2016

[Member of the BC Legislative Assembly]
Dear COABC & BCFSN Members,

This is a reminder of an invitation to present at the Opposition Standing Committee for Agriculture and Food. The Committee will be in Cranbrook on June 14 (9am-12pm at the Best Western Hotel, 1019 Cranbrook St. N.) and Kelowna on June 15th (9am-2pm at the Capri Coast Hotel, 1171 Harvey Ave).

This non-partisan and duly-formed Committee is comprised of six Legislators of the British Columbia Provincial Assembly.

It is our intention to listen carefully to what people like you have to say about how agriculture can be strengthened in the province and to bring your views, concerns, insights and inspiration into the BC Legislature. To that end we have completed and tabled a First Report and will be completing a Final Report this Fall.

We have already held day-long meetings in Vancouver (UBCM), Chilliwack, Williams Lake and Courtenay. We’ve heard from a diverse cross-section of stakeholders, ranging from the Executive Director of the BC Agriculture Council and the Chair of the BC Dairy Farm Association; to Municipal Councillors, policy experts and academics; and from small-scale and large-scale farmers, food producers and processors.

Presentations should be approximately ten minutes in length with an additional ten minutes set aside after the presentation for discussion and questions from the Committee Members.

More information is available at www.bcagcom.ca<http://www.bcagcom.ca>.

To reserve a presentation slot, please contact Samuel Godfrey at Samuel.Godfrey at leg.bc.ca<mailto:Samuel.Godfrey at leg.bc.ca> or 250.479.4154.

Warm regards,

Lana Popham
Member of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia (Saanich South); Chair, Opposition Standing Committee for Agriculture and Food; Opposition Spokesperson for Agriculture and Lands.
250.479.4154  |  lana.popham.mla at leg.bc.ca<mailto:lana.popham.mla at leg.bc.ca>  |  saanichsouth.ca<http://www.saanichsouth.ca>