[BCFSN] Reaching out to Friends of Cathleen Kneen, our founder

Linda Geggie lgeggie at telus.net
Tue Feb 9 22:13:09 EST 2016

  <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9nsorOpNczQ/UTTnpZJKt4I/AAAAAAAAAyU/C2DbCKEuk0o/s1600/BCFDN.bmp>

Dear friends of the BC Food Systems Network,

The time has come for us to show our support, love, and appreciation for our friend and founder Cathleen Kneen.  As many of you know Cathleen is on a journey with Cancer.  Now she needs our care and support and we would like to send a care package to her.  This care package is Abra Brynne with cards and letters from all of us letting Cathleen know how she has touched our lives and how her leadership for our work has made a difference.  We are asking that anyone who would like to send a contribution to sending Abra, and to write a letter to Cathleen do so now.  This cannot wait.

We need to raise about $1000 to send Abra as this “care package” and any contribution that you can make in honor of Cathleen,  large or small would be appreciated.

Donations can be collected here: http://tidescanada.org/projects/bc-food-systems-network/

Cheques would need to be addressed to "Tides Canada Initiative Society - BC Food Systems Network" and mailed to:

 <https://goo.gl/maps/vjg66> 400-163 W Hastings St.  <https://goo.gl/maps/vjg66> Vancouver, BC V6B 1H5

In talking with Cathleen, Abra heard that messages of love and support are always welcome, of course, but Cathleen said that  "Even more so in some way, I think, would be messages remembering a time of disagreement /struggle, along with the issue and outcome(s). I am trying to remember all that we debated and cared about, how we came to the places and decisions that we did, the relative importance of different pieces of language ... all these memories are important to me as I try to gain a perspective on this life I've had”. She also asked to hear about our "work together, our playing, joking, dancing and political /strategic /tactical struggles together".

Your messages can be sent to 'Abra Brynne' (abra at bcfsn.org), Cathleen has said she isn’t interested in having any more stuff at this stage so please just cards and letters!

We also know that Cathleen, Brewster and family  would appreciate your prayers, thoughts and positive energy.

If you have any questions please contact  Linda  lgeggie at telus.net or Diane  dianec at foodbank.bc.ca

On behalf of the BC Food Systems Network,

Linda Geggie and Diane Collis

Co-Chairs of the BCFSN Steering Committee