[BCFSN] FW: EFP Planing Advisor - Expression of Interest

Raymond, Mark AGRI:EX Mark.Raymond at gov.bc.ca
Tue Aug 30 19:26:17 EDT 2016

The B.C. Agricultural Research & Development Corporation (ARDCorp) is looking for new Planning Advisors to work with the BC Environmental Farm Plan (EFP) Program (www.bcefp.ca<http://www.bcefp.ca>) as independent contractors throughout the province, in order to meet producer demand in certain regions and as part of our succession planning process.

Criteria being used to evaluate potential contractors are:

1.                   Sound understanding of practical BC agriculture production practices,

2.                   Understanding of environmental impacts of agricultural practices,

3.                   Location - we are looking for Planning Advisors in several key agriculture areas of BC,

4.                   Interpersonal skills:

i.                     ability to gain and maintain the trust of producers, farm organizations and environmental agencies,

ii.                   ability to make effective oral presentations to producers,

iii.                 display a high level of professionalism,

5.                   Ability to make decisions,

6.                   Ability to work independently as a motivated self-starter, and

7.                   Availability, willingness to travel, and a valid driver's licence.

Please submit your expression of interest indicating region and identifying your suitability for this position along with two producer and/or association references to our office no later than Friday, September 9th, 2016, to:

Karen Murray, Program Manager
BC ARDCorp
#230 - 32160 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC  V2T 1W5