[BCFSN] The TPP, Food Sovereignty and Our Health with Dr. Shiv Chopra

Arzeena Hamir arzeenahamir at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 1 09:56:56 EDT 2016

Details are below. For more information, see: https://www.facebook.com/events/735057969929755/?active_tab=highlights <https://www.facebook.com/events/735057969929755/?active_tab=highlights>

Arzeena

Amara Farm
Courtenay, BC
(250) 702-5657
https://www.facebook.com/AmaraFarm
https://twitter.com/arzeena

Speaking tour with Dr. Shiv Chopra & other guest speakers.

Tour dates are below and will be updated as more events are confirmed.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is an enormous multilateral agreement to expand and entrench the rights of corporations in member states that account for 40% of the global economy. The agreement is far reaching impacting a long list of issues and people’s daily lives. Even the milk that communities consume daily will be impacted if the Canadian government ratifies the agreement.

The presentation by Dr. Shiv Chopra will highlight the threat posed by the TPP agreement to public health and food safety. The agreement would allow for the introduction of Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH), an artificial growth hormone developed by Monsanto to increase milk output from dairy cows. During previous attempts to introduce BGH milk into milk supplies in Canada communities mobilized and prevented the inclusion based on public health concerns.

This speaking tour aims to continue mobilizing communities in opposing to BGH and the TPP in order to attain more victories against some of the most powerful corporations in the world, like Monsanto, and the international corporate rights agreements such as the TPP. We’ve done it before, we can do it again. Join us.

TOUR STOPS:

Thursday, April 7th - Courtenay, BC
7:00 pm
Rotary Hall, Filberg Centre
411 Anderton Ave., Courtenay
More Info: cvcouncilofcanadians at gmail.com
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1MjFfdV <http://bit.ly/1MjFfdV>

Friday, April 8th - Nanaimo, BC
7:00 pm
Bowen Park Complex
500 Bowen Road, Nanaimo
More Info: midislandcoc at gmail.com
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1WDEPiV <http://bit.ly/1WDEPiV>

Saturday, April 9th - Duncan, BC
3:00 pm
Mesachie Rm, Island Savings Centre
2687 James St. Duncan
More Info: Coming Soon!
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1pYjk1T <http://bit.ly/1pYjk1T>

Sunday April 10th - Victoria, BC
7:00 pm
University of Victoria David Turpin Building A104
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Free parking on Sundays. Closest parking is Lot 4.
(Map: http://bit.ly/1PG0SzX <http://bit.ly/1PG0SzX>)
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1UgESUn <http://bit.ly/1UgESUn>

Tuesday, April 12th - Delta, BC
7:30 pm
Ladner Community Centre-Multi Purpose Room
4734 51St.
More Info: Coming Soon!
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1pwaZlH <http://bit.ly/1pwaZlH>

Wednesday, April 13th - Langley, BC
7:00 pm
Trinity Western University, Northwest Auditorium
7600 Glover Road, Langley, BC
More Info: thebigph at gmail.com
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1pYeYYE <http://bit.ly/1pYeYYE>

Thursday April 14th - Chilliwack, BC
7:00 pm
Yarrow Community School
4595 Wilson Rd, Chilliwack, BC
More Info: chwkcouncilofcanadians at gmail.com
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1o2WEvU <http://bit.ly/1o2WEvU>

Saturday April 16th - Vancouver, BC
(** Part of Day Long Teach-In) 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
SFU Center for Dialogue, Room 320
520 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
More Info: hgrewal at canadians.org
Event Page: http://bit.ly/1U8LVhP <http://bit.ly/1U8LVhP>

Thank you to the White Rock Farmers' Market for your generous donation to help make this tour possible!