[BCFSN] Energy and Forestry Firms Say Indigenous People Should Have Power to Nix Projects in Canada

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:03:07 EDT 2015

FOR SALE:

THE BIGGEST COLLECTION OF ORGANIC APPLES IN CANADA.

Available on Monday, Oct 5, 2015

The Entire Apple Display from the Salt Spring Apple Festival.

DETAILS OF APPLE COLLECTION

(Only available in Canada)

The entire apple collection from the 2015 Salt Spring Island (BC) Apple Festival is being sold, with the money being returned to the growers who grew the apples.  Every apple in the collection WAS GROWN ORGANICALLY ON SALT SPRING ISLAND.  It is a very rigorous task to assemble that collection.  At the 2014 Apple Festival there were 300 labeled varieties.  Each variety can be viewed at

http://saltspringapplefestival.org/fulford-apple-display/2014-display/ <http://saltspringapplefestival.org/fulford-apple-display/2014-display/>

Rational:  In order to make this collection sustainable by rewarding the incredible effort by our local growers who amassed it, we have paid these growers a total of $1400 in order to reward them for their efforts.  THAT MONEY TELLS THEM, “WE VALUE YOUR EFFORTS, so please put in the effort NEXT YEAR to help build this incredible apple collection.”   We are selling to try regroup our costs.

Winning Bidder:   Sold to the highest bidder

Delivery Date:  On Oct 5, 2010, FOB Victoria

Contact person:  Harry Burton   250-653-2007       harryburton at shaw.ca

Uses

¨     Put on an Apple Show in your city.  This collection will amaze anyone viewing it.

¨     Have an Apple sampling party.

¨     Set up an Educational Exhibit.

¨     Show how it IS POSSIBLE TO GROW APPLES ORGANICALLY.

Details

1)  Collection will be available on Monday, Oct 5, 2015 (the day after the Apple Festival) delivered to Victoria.  Winning bidder can chose delivery location.

2)  Number of apple varieties change from year to year, but equaled 300 in 2014.

3)  Each apple variety should have 3 apples each, in a paper bag, with the variety name on the outside of the bag.  There will be labels (shown in website above) included.

4)  Each apple variety bag will have the growers initial on the bag.

5) Apple varieties (all arranged in alphabetic order) will be packed in boxes, with each box numbered and labelled, such as   Box 1  (A  to    D).

6)  All apple varieties have been grown ORGANICALLY on Salt Spring Island.

7)  A few bags might have 1 or 2 apples in them if the variety grows on a younger trees and did not produce 3 apples that year.   (very unusual, but possible)

8)   Detailed labels will be provided for most apples.  Labels will not necessarily be in alphabetic order, but will be printed with 3 labels to one 8.5 by 11 inch page.  Labels will be sent as a computer file.  If they are printed on a thicker cardstock, then the label is rigid and so will be easier to display.

9)  We will deliver the apples to Victoria, and delivered to your choice of shipper.

10)  Collection should take about 8 large 40 pound apple boxes

11)  The display of these apples filled 11 eight foot tables as shown in the photo below.

12)  It is suggested that a team of at least 10 people be in place to set up the collection.  Part of the work of alphabetizing the collection has been done for the Salt Spring show.

13)  On Salt Spring, we use a wooden block, with a slot in it,  to hold the variety label and we place the apples on a paper doily.  See ph

>> Harry Burton

APPLE  LUSCIOUS  ORGANIC  ORCHARD
> Growing over 200 connoisseur apple varieties
> Certified Organic by IOPA (#902)
> Harry  Burton
> 110 Heidi Place
> Salt Spring Island, BC      V8K-1W5
> 250-653-2007
>
> 1)  Website:
> www.appleluscious.com
>
> 2) Apple Luscious Video Channel:
> youtube.com/user/AppleLusciousOrganic
>
> Facebook Search: harry.burton.1428
>
> Contact Person for CAPTAIN APPLE.

The  16th Annual Salt Spring Island Apple Festival

Sunday, Oct 4, 2015