[BCFSN] Burnaby Food First Fundraiser - Natural Sweetness Workshop: You are sweet enough already!

Burnaby Food First burnabyfoodfirst at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:32:51 EDT 2015

Dear Food Hubs, Co-ops and Local Food Aggregators,

As the season winds down, are you reviewing how this year has gone for your
hub and where improvements can be made? Did you experience trouble this
season with a producer circumventing your hub and making sales around it?
We hear on almost a daily basis the struggle that hubs face in maintaining
a working relationship with their producers and avoiding the dreaded, “Sale
around the hub”.

Our marketing team of Amy McCann and Ryan Crum have researched, analyzed,
and written this report using input from the many hubs we work with across
North America as well as their personal experience. We look at why
producers may sell around the hub, what food hubs can do to avoid it, and
key aspects of a producer agreement.

You can register to view this free document, *Avoiding Sales Around the Hub
<http://home.localfoodmarketplace.com/about-us/resources-2/>*, by clicking
the link. Our full resource library including our very popular *Food Hub's
Guide to Selling to Restaurants* and *Production Planning for Food
Hubs* webinar
recordings are available through the same link.
We hope this can help your organizations continue to grow and prosper!

--
Best,

Ryan R. Crum
Sales and Marketing Coordinator