[BCFSN] Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society

Diane Collis DianeC at foodbank.bc.ca
Wed Jun 10 14:05:48 EDT 2015

Dear Folks, CBAN is a project of Tides Canada Initiatives also, though it is now worded as “a project on Tides Canada’s shared platform”. There is a distinction between Tides Canada and the shared platform that was until recently called Tides Canada Initiatives (and Sage Centre before that). I suggest you ask Tides for a fulsome description of this distinction, particularly with a view to understanding and communicating the connection (or lack thereof) to this aquaculture work of Tides. CBAN would also benefit from any of these further clarifications. Projects in the shared platform are not funded by Tides Canada, for example. Best regards, Lucy Sharratt, Coordinator, Canadian Biotechnology Action Network

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 12:10 AM, Dawn Morrison <dmo6842 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jodi,
> I appreciate knowing your experiences with Tides have been favourable in the past. However, the associations to aquaculture is highly  contentious in Indigenous communities and has potential to impact our involvement. I feel it needs clarification since the Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty has clear guidelines on sponsorship and associating ourselves with contentious issues, impacts and strategies. I think it is just important to clarify the relationships.
>
> Dawn
>
> Dawn Morrison,
>
> BC Food Systems Network
> Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
> C/O 555 East 55th Avenue
> Vancouver, B.C, V5X 1N6
> Mobile: 778.879.5106
> Email: dmo6842 at gmail.com <mailto:dmo6842 at gmail.com>
> Website: www.indigenousfoodsystems.org <http://www.indigenousfoodsystems.org/>
>

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 5:54 PM, <jodikoberinski at gmail.com <mailto:jodikoberinski at gmail.com>> wrote:
> I am not on the board - I have had really great experiences with Tides Canada in the past and have found them to be a good partner in our work. For what that is worth...
>
> With respect
> Jodi Koberinski
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Koodo network.

Lucy Sharratt, Coordinator
Canadian Biotechnology Action Network (CBAN)
Collaborative Campaigning for Food Sovereignty and Environmental Justice
Suite 206, 180 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2P 1P5
Phone: 613 241 2267 ext. 25
Fax: 613 241 2506