[BCFSN] Innovative strategies and machines for physical weed control in organic and integrated vegetable crops

Pamela Zevit Adamah Consultants adamah at telus.net
Mon Jun 1 21:53:51 EDT 2015

Re: June 15 agriculture committee meeting in Chilliwack

The recently formed Opposition Standing Committee for Agriculture and Food is travelling to various regions of the province conducting public hearings on issues affecting this sector.

Comprised of six Opposition Members, including an Independent MLA, the Committee was established in response to concerns that the government has not consistently solicited or received sufficient balanced input into their policy decisions. These concerns are reflected in the fact that there is currently no standing committee on agriculture in the B.C. Legislature, and a central reason for forming this committee was to fill that void.

We are pleased that Chilliwack will be the location of the Committee's third public meeting.  Our goal is to hear from a broad spectrum of the community, and we welcome your testimony on topics of concern within the sector.

Our schedule has not been fully booked for June 15th, and we would be pleased if your membership could be made aware of this opportunity to present their challenges, issues, and solutions to us.

Presentations should be designed to fit into 10-minute intervals in order to maximize the breadth of representations, and to allow for some time for questions from Committee members.

If you are interested in participating, please email lana.popham.mla at leg.bc.ca<mailto:lana.popham.mla at leg.bc.ca> to schedule.

Sincerely,

Lana Popham, MLA

Chair, Opposition Standing Committee for Agriculture and Food

Vicki Huntington, MLA

Vice Chair, Opposition Standing Committee for Agriculture and Food