[BCFSN] Fwd: Mount Polley Mine Action Alert and Public Statement

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:56:26 EDT 2015

Ms. Rachel Parent will be the guest speaker at an evening of discussion in
support of her public campaign to label genetically modified food.

For those unfamiliar with Ms. Parent, she is a youth activist (now 16),
who, at the age of 12, created a website and movement called
KidsRightToKnow. She has been a youth ambassador to the UN, a speaker at
TedX Toronto and, most notably, challenged Kevin O'Leary in a debate on
GMOs.

Ms. Parent's presentation is entitled "What's a GMO and How Does it Affect
You?" The event is being held on Monday, April 27 from 7-9 pm at the IOOF
Hall, 9536 Main Street, Summerland, BC. Admission is by donation.
Refreshments are provided and a silent auction with donations from
community business supporters is being held to cover the costs of bringing
this amazing young leader to Summerland.

I am unable to attend this event as I have a prior commitment, but I will
be accompanying Ms. Parent to her presentations at the Summerland Secondary
School and a private luncheon that has been arranged by the group
('Labelit') who has organized her visit. Your support and attendance is
much appreciated.

Toni Boot
Summerland, BC