[BCFSN] Wild Salmon Convergence - October 4 & 5 Chase BC

Dawn Morrison dmo6842 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:15:55 EDT 2014

Hello BC sustainable food system colleagues

Please share this announcement far and wide!

[image: Inline image 1]

Farm to Cafeteria Canada
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/F2CC_ContactUS_EN_new.pdf>
is
thrilled to announce our first National Farm to School Month Campaign!
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/farm-to-school-month/>

This October, as part of our efforts to inspire, illuminate, and link Farm to
Schoo
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/F2S_Aboutus_EN.pdf>l
activity right across this  beautiful  country,  we invite Canada's Farm to
School enthusiasts to celebrate Farm to School in the garden, in the
kitchen, in the classroom, on  the farm or at the shore.

How can you get involved
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/farm-to-school-month/#bookmark2>? Let
your imagination be your guide! No action is too big or too small. Whether
you take students through a corn maze, host a taste testing party in the
garden, try new recipes in the cafeteria, carve pumpkins in the
classroom, or create veggie tales, poems or songs,  every idea to connect
children and youth to their food and to get healthy local sustainable foods
on their plates and in their tummies - is a grand one!

Share your stories. Afterwards, be sure to register
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/farm-to-school-month/#bookmark3> your
school and to Send in your story and a picture of the way you celebrated.
We will share it nationally! And, as a bonus, your school may be entered
into a draw to win a  $1000 grant
<http://www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca/farm-to-school-month/#bookmark5>to
further your Farm to School activities.

Looking forward to hearing all about your celebration.

 And if you want to know more about Farm to School activity in BC, please
contact  Vanessa Perrodou, the Provincial Coordinator of the Public Health
Association of BC's Farm to School BC program. farmtoschoolbc at gmail.com

Eva Negley
Communications lead
Farm to Cafeteria Canada
Email: farm2cafeteriacanada at gmail.com

Follow us!
Website: www.farmtocafeteriacanada.ca
Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/FarmtocafeteriaCanada/
Twitter: @farm2cafeteria
*Farm to School Month Canada  Hashtag #farmtoschoolcanada*