[BCFSN] How to Make Farm-to-Table A Truly Sustainable Movement

Pamela Zevit Adamah Consultants adamah at telus.net
Fri Sep 19 22:14:08 EDT 2014

Apologies for cross-posting

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:27 AM, Evan Fraser <frasere at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

Hello Friends,

I just wanted to let people on this list
know that www.feedingninebillion.com is back for another academic year. We have
lots of interesting things planned that will hopefully continue to raise people’s
awareness of global food security in a fun and accessible way.

First up is a sneak peak of our newest
project, a graphic novel called #foodcrisis.

#foodcrisis is a fictionalized account of a
global food crisis affecting North America in the 2020s.  But this isn’t just a piece of fiction; to
write it I’ve taken elements from past crises like the Dust Bowl and the Great
Irish Potato Famine and imagined “what if they happened in the US in about 10
years?”

To do this, I used some of a very generous
grant from the Trudeau
Foundation and teamed up with a group of illustrators led by the amazing Scott Mooney.

We’ll be posting updated to our web page
and launching #foodcrisis more formally in about a month. But for now, we’d be
excited if you checked out the teaser and signed up for our newsletter.

I’ll post periodic updates to this list in
the hopes that this is of interest to member of this group.

Cheers everyone,

Evan

Evan Fraser
Department of Geography