[BCFSN] Fwd: film about responsible farming in Vancouver

BC Food Systems Network admin at fooddemocracy.org
Tue Oct 14 13:09:22 EDT 2014

As the'politica' area 'heats up' both provincially and federally - I do
hope people are quizzing the prospective candidates on their personal and
party platforms!

As to the present: Seems we can think: 'sad and disappointing' at the very
best....

Cheryl

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 7:13 AM, Rosemary Plummer <
rosemaryplummer at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Depressingly predictable.  I think it is happenng because of deals made
> over the last few years, e.g. with China, over mineral rights, which would
> be "invalidated"   (never were valid in my books) if more powers were given
> to Aboriginal people--his priorities seem to be money and control-"my wqy
> or the highway".
>
> ------------------------------
> From: abra at peelingtheonion.ca
> Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 06:53:52 -0700
> To: food at bcfsn.org; ifs at bcfsn.org
> Subject: [BCFSN] Canada's position on indigenous people's rights
>

> is appalling:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/02/canada-un-indigenous-rights_n_5918868.html
>
> in good food,
> Abra
>
> --
> Abra Brynne
> PO Box 684, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
> phone: 250.352.5342

> listserv etiquette:
> http://fooddemocracy.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BCFSN_Listserv_Guidelines.pdf
> To contact the list administrator, email food-owner at bcfsn.org

> Our guidelines on listserv etiquette:
> http://fooddemocracy.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BCFSN_Listserv_Guidelines.pdf
> To contact the list administrator, email food-owner at bcfsn.org

--
Cheryl
*Food for thought...*
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of
others." - Mahatma Gandhi