[MtWadFood] composting display

Leslie Dyck leslie.dyck11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:10:34 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I have attached the poster for the upcoming NI Farmers Market Seed Swap.
Feel free to spread the word!

The Regional District has kindly donated a black composter to the event.
We are able to use it for educational purposes or as a raffle item.  We are
wondering if anyone from this group would like to use the composter as part
of a composting display?  As people stop by your table, you could share
your experience with composting, what to compost, what not to compost, etc.
I could bring a bin of my sifted compost to show as well .... I think its
quite beautiful :)

So far we have the following displays:

crop growing display (quinoa, wheat...)
chicken coop
seed starting
kids area
concession
resource sharing table
seed swap area
and one or 2 businesses.

We are still looking for more volunteers for the event.  It would be nice
to have a some more voices sharing gardening enthusiasm. We have decided to
keep the seed swap and the first Farmers market of the year separate giving
the growers a venue to sell seedlings, etc later in the spring.

One last request, we have a small budget to purchase some seeds to
contribute to the seed swap - do you have recommendations of what we should
order? We have kale, beans, peas, lettuce on the list....

Bye for now,
Leslie