[BCFSN] Please Share: Vertical Agriculture Workshop Series - Workshop #2 - Relationship Between Emerging Agricultural Technologies, Sustainable Food Systems, and Resiliency (Jan 30, 1-3pm PDT)

Colin Dring ccdring at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:44:13 EST 2024

Hi folks,

We hope this message finds you well! We are thrilled to invite you to share
with your networks and to participate in a workshop series on emerging
agricultural technologies (i.e., vertical agriculture) and its relationship
with sustainable food systems. Vertical Agriculture is an increasingly
important farming technique where growing food happens in vertically
stacked layers in an indoor environment. The workshop series will inform
the creation of educational programming, specifically the creation
of educational materials for vertical agriculture and urban agriculture
training and education. The project is a collaboration between the
University of the Fraser Valley’s Food and Agriculture Institute,
Transdisciplinary
Research on Integrated Approaches to Sustainability (TRIAS) lab, and the
Simon Fraser University’s BC Center for Agricultural Innovation.

The second in the free workshop series: *Relationship Between Emerging
Agricultural Technologies, Sustainable Food Systems, and Resiliency*
features Dr. Robert Newell Canada Research Chair in Climate Change,
Biodiversity and Sustainability, Royal Roads University. In this workshop,
we will introduce participants to key concepts, applications, challenges,
and opportunities in the relationships between vertical agriculture,
sustainability, and resiliency. Through workshop activities we will also
gather your feedback on the topics and materials.

*Workshop #2: Relationship Between Emerging Agricultural Technologies,
Sustainable Food Systems, and Resiliency (Free)*