[BCFSN] Farm to School BC Conference

Samantha Gambling samanthagambling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 00:01:47 EST 2023

 Hi BC Food Systems Network,

A note from my colleagues at Farm to School BC:

Farm to School BC is excited to announce the launch of our 2023 conference
call for proposals!

Our 2023 conference, Planting the Seed: Harvesting connections, ideas, and
community, will be happening May 18th & 19th at the UBC Nest in Vancouver.
Our conference aims to celebrate the impact of both budding and established
school food initiatives and programs, welcome diverse perspectives to share
their experiences and knowledge, and generate within our community a
revitalized sense of connectedness and empowerment.

We anticipate up to 300 attendees from backgrounds spanning education,
health, agriculture, culinary arts, policy, research, Indigenous affairs,
and youth sectors. Conference themes include school farms, meal programs,
Indigenous food ways, capacity building, celebrating culture with food,
community connections, youth leadership and training, and more. Register now
<https://phabc.org/f2sbc-conference-2023-registration/> to avoid missing
out on our early bird prices, ending March 15th!

Our call for proposals is open now until February 15th, 2023. Proposals may
focus on any promising practice, innovative initiative, experience-based
observation, policy, and/or research effort to advance the movement toward
healthy, local, and sustainable foods for students. We are accepting
proposals in the formats of workshops, teacher & student-led posters, short
talks or stories, and original research papers. Successful applicants will
have access to our reduced presenter registration rate for the conference.
More information can be found by visiting our conference website
<https://f2sbcconference.ca/call-for-proposals>.

Hope to see you there!

--
*Samantha Gambling, *M.Sc

*Provincial Lead | BC Chapter of the Coalition for Healthy School Food
<http://healthyschoolfood.ca>Senior Programs Advisor | Public Health
Association of BC <https://phabc.org/>I write with gratitude from the
homeland of the Lekwungen People, now known as the Songhees
<https://www.songheesnation.ca/home> and Esquimalt
<https://www.esquimaltnation.ca/our-nation> Nations. Learn more
<https://locallove.ca/issues/what-are-land-acknowledgements-and-why-do-they-matter/#.W-TYF-KIY2w>.*