[BCFSN] Fwd: Breaking news: Minister Bibeau announces members of the Canadian Food Policy Advisory Council

Grandview Woodland Food Connection gwfcnetwork at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 15:59:59 EST 2021

Wow, this will be interesting to see how this evolves. Lots of academics
and industry people, with some community organizer types, though maybe
looks a bit sparse on the grassroots community side, which I think is
critical...Good to see Melana Roberts, Avni Soma, and Rosie Mensah to bring
forward community perspective, though I need to be careful not to
generalize.

I see as a key leg of food resilience moving ahead the recognition of place
and relationship based work as a fundamental piece to individual and
community health and well-being. So big systems thinking tied to place
based and community development......

Will be watching this closely.

Thank you,

--

*Ian Marcuse (he/him/his)Community Food Developer l Grandview Woodland Food
Connection*604.718.5895 l gwfcnetwork at gmail.com
Unceded sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), səl’ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), and
xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) territory

*Connect l Learn:* b <http://gwfoodconnection.wordpress.com/>log
<http://gwfoodconnection.com/> l f <https://www.facebook.com/GWFCNetwork>
acebook <https://www.facebook.com/GWFCNetwork> l y
<https://www.youtube.com/user/imarcuse>outube
<https://www.youtube.com/user/imarcuse> l newsletter
<https://mailchi.mp/bebef9873a70/grandview-woodland-food-connection-newsletter>
 l flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwfc/sets/> l iBook
<http://vancouver.ca/files/cov/report-neighbourhood-food-networks-2013-dec.pdf>
 l Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks <http://vancouverfoodnetworks.com/>

*Youth Food Garden Fundraiser 2021
<https://www.gofundme.com/f/brtiannia-school-garden-program?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf%20share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR0vCmaqNjixr4EH8C7CJmZQK98c-BEbdUGhqvUEwvXXMB4C3_u3ti5Blzk>*