[BCFSN] Call for province-wide Good Food Box meeting (April 21, 2021)

Jen Cody Jen.Cody at nanaimofoodshare.ca
Mon Apr 12 18:55:56 EDT 2021

Hello,

Below is an invitation to a province wide call to discuss Good Food Box
programs. Please share this invitation with your networks as you feel is
appropriate.

As you are likely aware, Good Food Box programs in BC have grown and
changed significantly in the last year. For the Nanaimo Foodshare Society
and its partners, who deliver around 600 Good Food Boxes per month,
COVID-19 added new pressures and opportunities for our program.

While we are so thankful to have community partners to support this program
as it evolves, *we are keen to take a more strategic approach to ensure
this program’s long-term sustainability.*

Accordingly, we invite you to a province-wide call for organizations and
community stakeholders who operate Good Food Box programs. This call will
be an opportunity to:

   -

   network, share information and resources to support the program
   -

   engage with a diversity of stakeholders in GFB programs to develop
   strategies for sustainability,
   -

   creating a forum for discussion of best practices and program
   development in supporting healthy eating with the families we work with

Our vision is that this would not be a one-time call.

Instead, we see the need for and value of a province-wide network of Good
Food Box operators who would come together (online) periodically to access
and share support for the program’s betterment.

The meeting details are as follows: