[BCFSN] Online fall courses and academic internship - food studies, nutrition, Italy

salem paulos salem.paulos at gustolab.com
Tue Sep 8 09:33:36 EDT 2020

 Dear Colleagues,

Greetings from Gustolab International Italy!

We are happy to announce that we are accepting applications for our *online
fall courses and academic internship. *

The courses take place from September 28 to October 30 (5 weeks) while the
academic internship takes place from November 2 to November 27, 2020 (4
weeks). Participants are free to choose or can take all three elements as a
unit.

These are open to participants from all fields of study and are
particularly suited to those interested food studies, food systems,
sustainability, environmental studies,  cultural tourism, gastronomic
studies, food heritage, sustainable hospitality, agribusiness, nutrition
and food science.

*Online courses*

*Critical Studies on Food:* Food is presented in all its complex
connections with culture, nutrition, environment, society, economics and
politics. Topics include practical activities such as cooking workshops.
Lectures are delivered by experts providing a dynamic and interdisciplinary
learning environment.

*Food, Nutrition and Culture in Italy: *This course focuses on how culture
and ethnicity affect dietary practices, with particular emphasis on Italy
as compared to the U.S. The influence of politics on food availability and
food practices is explored. Emphasis is on cross-cultural communication
processes to address nutrition and cultural issues.

*Academic Internship*

Our online academic internship is unique and designed to help participants
gain an international working experience while learning Italian as well as
specific topics such as intercultural communication.

Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. The last day to submit an
application is September 15, 2020. Applicants will receive admissions
decisions as soon as possible.

Learn more or apply at
https://www.gustolab.com/fall-courses-and-internship-online/

Thanks,

SALEM PAULOS
Media, Outreach and Projects coordinator

Gustolab International Food Systems and Sustainability
Study & Intern Abroad in Italy, Japan or Vietnam

salem.paulos at gustolab.com

7, Piazza dell'Orologio
Rome, Italy 00186
Office phone +39 06 83087975 / +39 06 68804073
Fax +39 06 92912046
www.gustolab.com
facebook <https://www.facebook.com/GustolabInstitute> twitter
<https://twitter.com/gustolabinst> instagram